Radley Balko has quite a selection today, so do click the link. Here are a few:
- House votes to block Obama’s plan to limit the transfer of military equipment from the Pentagon to domestic police agencies.
- Judge rules that Pennsylvania prosecutor’s misconduct is so egregious that to retry defendants would violate double jeopardy clause.
- Donald Trump wants America to become a nation of snitching suspicious neighbors.
- The Massachusetts State Police keep no records of the success rates of drug dogs. You’ll just have to trust them that the dogs are accurate.
- Contrary to popular belief, prisons don’t bring much of an economic boost to the towns where they’re located.
- Will the U.S. Supreme Court finally throw the book at Louisiana’s perpetually misbehaving prosecutors? (Probably not.) . . .
But read them all. One interesting one:
- Immigrants, including undocumented immigrants, are less prone to criminality than native-born citizens.