Some interesting law-enforcement links from Radley Balko
Full list here, but note these:
- The Justice Department dumps dumb “drug trafficking” chargesagainst FedEx. This trend in which the government demands private companies carry out law enforcement operations — sometimes under threat of criminal sanctions — is getting more and more disturbing.
- Supreme Court delivers another critical blow to the Fourth Amendment. And J Sonia Sotomayor (read her dissent) continues to be the Fourth Amendment’s best hope.
- Incredibly, North Carolina prosecutors are still moving forward with a new trial for Darryl Howard. I wrote about Howard’s case here a couple year ago. He ended up in prison due to misconduct by disgraced former prosecutor Mike Nifong.
- Police in Weber County, Utah buy a “porn-sniffing dog.” I have a tiger-repellant rock I’d like to sell them, too.
- Colorado survey finds that teen use of pot did not increase after legalization.