Law-enforcement links from Radley Balko
The full list of links is here. The first few are:
- After Dallas, police have been arresting people who make inflammatory (though clearly protected) comments about police on social media.
- Important point from a black former cop: Only a small percentage of police officers abuse their authority. But that small percentage typically exerts inordinate influence. And they’re rarely held accountable.
- Good piece looking at the legal and ethical implications of killer police robots.
- St. Louis County town settles “debtors prison” lawsuit for $4.7 million.
- Meanwhile, Virginia’s aggressive policy of suspending driver’s licenses for unpaid fines is just another way of criminalizing poverty.